Old Belgrade and its sights
"Who wants to conquer the fortress, you first have to win your soul. Way through your own soul and takes us to Belgrade, one of the oldest and most commonly rušenih cities in the world. When Le Corbusier said in Belgrade that the ugliest city in the most beautiful place he had before him only the results of those multicentural demolition. Today, those who love and know the city, you do not know it based on what you saw in him or touch him. His biggest and perhaps the best part is the one that disappeared without a trace, so you will never see more, save or touch " Milorad Pavic
And in our country from time immemorial was considered the same wisdom - the cities were erected on high ground. Eventually, when he ceased to need to think about the defense of the enemy, the people are still, out of habit, built two villages in the hills or mountains. One of the most famous cities in the world for its citizens breathe clean air, judging at least by the altitude, is the capital of Serbia - Belgrade. Surprisingly, few Belgraders be true to list the hill on which their fellow citizens reside. If once known eight hills: Kalemegdan, Vracar, Banjica Dedinje, Beograd, Banovo hill Pašino Hill and farther Avala, Belgrade is now spread out in the hills that are imaginative people were baptized. Even a experts, historians and chroniclers who follow the development of a lot of trouble just to say that they and where are those mighty hills. And their names let alone.
Where are the hills? Towards the center of the Ibar highway, the passenger finds Petlovo densely populated hills. This name is entered in the latest plan of Belgrade. Mrakovačka hill is lined street, then Rasinski, Tuzla and Youth street promenade. Older residents sometimes distant suburbs, will tell you that it was named after a rooster, but not one that is, topic Djordje Balasevic 1983rd year. Accurate information is simply no. Height Rooster Hill - 205 meters above the sea. For Swan Hill, the new resort stocked with skyscrapers, there are a multitude of stories, although the origin of the name, however, is not known. It is located between the streets Gocke, street Serdar Janko Vukotic and 11 Krajina Division. Are the citizens of a newly skyscrapers from a distance looked like a white swan and the life in them swan song - is not clear. It is likely to have accepted the code under which the project was done Dokic Alexander, architect, and saživeli with the name Swan Hill. For Banovo hill there, however, accurate data. The one area over the Makis, which maps the Austrian origin of the early nineteenth century, called Repiska hill, later Ordija and Golo Brdo, at the beginning of the next century changed the name of Matthew Banu, a Serb Rodin 1818th in Petrov village, near Dubrovnik. He is, according to the book Marinka Paunovica "Belgrade - the eternal city" (Belgrade, 1968) moved to Belgrade and 1861. The "Belgrade municipality filed a petition to sell the land to him on a hill far away from Belgrade, there to build a beautiful and spacious summer house in the Serbian-style." The delegates decided that he sought land gifts, not sold, considering that this is a great patriot deserved. Otherwise, Matija Ban was performing sensitive duties for the Serbian government and at the same time dealing with literature. With his name was written that in 1849. in Dubrovnik started zabavnik called "Dubrovnik". According to him, the whole area initially called Banovac, and after his death the 1903rd year - Banovo hill. The highest point of exaltation at Prince Višeslava at 216.68 meters above sea level. For Julino hill, from which the skies rises 15 skyscrapers, poems treats many stories. One of them says that to him, once, at the time of the first Serbian uprising, July grandmother lived. It was, they say, a great patriot and each time the Turks helped the rebels. One night, according to legend, the Turks were suddenly attacked by the Serbian army. Seeing that the situation was critical, July grandmother got the idea that, with the help of a few rebels, burned a large reclaimed stumps and pushed them down the slope. Flaming torches were disrupted and confused by the Turks, which allowed the rebels to pull myself together and defend against attacks. Reliable is not known whether this is saying is true, but is happy to retell the oldest inhabitants of Zarko who had "heard from the elderly." Julinog top of the hill at Lieutenant Spasic and masseurs and reaches 124.23 meters above sea level. Kanarevo hill, once Goljino hill began to builds up between the two world wars. About his name are accurate. In the "Detailed Urban Plan and Košutnjak Dedinje" in 1984. , writes that: Kanarevo hill terrain in which the end of the third decade of the present century, was built "Železnicka First Colony." It is located on the periphery of the estate Ðorda Canaries, rentier, by whose name is called and nearby - Kanarevo hill. On the other side - north and northeast - ground was naturally stripe bordered Beogad - Pozarevac (and a sharp incline towards Dedinje). The railway colonies to raise this area was uninhabited. Urban project in the mid-twenties provided for by "garden cities" like a miniature fragment "garden city" and the colony was central avenue of car (street Pere Velimirovica) as a public center. Plots are approximately equal and assume family buildings - villas in the center of the surrounding space enough for rest and entertainment. After World War II destroyed the basic scheme "garden city" construction of new buildings and skyscrapers. It is obvious that the original name of the site Kanarevo hills spread to the village of novoizgradenog in Rakovica, and it is at a height of 107 meters. It is bordered to the streets of Milan Blagojevic Spaniard, Bor, VAREŠKO, and I Srzenticevom šumadijske Brigade. Once the Banjica been enrolled in a heap of cards. To show the data from the last two centuries, and Risto Nikolic in the book "around Belgrade", published 1903rd year. There we read that "the poznijeg time knows, for example, that the Banjica hill was where the Romans burned the dead in the third century BC." Today, more and more of that part of the city, bordered on the Boulevard of the October Revolution, then the streets Unknown hero, CRNOTRAVSKA, Bor, Milan Blagojevic Spaniard and Velisava Vulovica, Banjička wreath and buttercups Bogdan called Banjicki air. Mark that the hill there, although the height Banjice 198 meters above sea level. Banjica village was named after the creek near where the izgradivalo. Dedinje in geographical maps from the eighteenth century referred to as "Dedinberg" - translated Dedinjska hill. It outlines the 1789th Austrian camp was located, and was lined streets today Drajzera, then the Boulevard October Revolution, Velisava Vulovica Street, on the southeast side of Milan Blagojevic Spaniard and Rakovički road. In the meantime he received Dedinje shorter name, but is now often refers to the area of Dedinje and Topcider hill, Senjak ... In Dedinje, otherwise, prior to World War II, built houses and summer houses seen and respected traders, politicians and ministers. The name Topcider hills of official data. The name is, apparently, given the merger of two words: Turkish - Gunner (the pouring guns) and Persian - dare yell or (valley). In the aforementioned book Marinka Paunovic said: "According to some sources this was the place where the Turks during the siege of Belgrade in 1521. Lili guns for the attack on Belgrade." A later, 1831. year, Prince Miloš began Interiors Topcider. In a letter dated 24 February of the same year he ordered Thomas Vucic Perisic: "... Make sure that the agreement with the captain Stankovic, time, length and over Topcider wherever broke and the water is potholed, good repair date. adapt circuits do not let it go through TOPČIDER to Meadows does not break down. You will be at the same ensure that you find a few krecar, we start to cook, because I Intended some buildings built in Topcider work. " Indeed, from 1831. the 1834th year, Prince Milos in Topcider built himself Konak, and its construction were engaged and cons. The book Rajko Veselinovica "in the history of the City of Belgrade 1806th until 1867. Was" find the information in the document of 26 May 1857th The "deed of sale of public vineyards and fields Lying next to him on the hill by the national mint Athanasius Jankovic, merchants, etc.. Janko Safarik, a professor of the Lyceum, for 70 ducats cesarskih ..." And in a document of 29 May 1863rd Nikola Hristic year, the Minister of Home Affairs, Prince Michael reports on incidents in Topcider: "Lord, tonight escaped convict 4-5 that were out TOPČIDER as guards. cavalry gendarmes on patrol tonight Naidu on one of the Sava and wood fired, but he shot, and then hid somewhere. know not whither they fled ... " Topcider height of the hill is 148 meters above sea level and is surrounded by boulevards Duke Traveler and the October Revolution, and the streets Drajzera and D. Radenkovic. Milicevo hill between Višnjice chickpeas and recorded on maps of the last century. It is mentioned in the book Riste Nikolic, published 1903rd year. Apart from mentioning the names of any other data there. Hill, otherwise high 279 yards. About Mithras and actor hill there is no explanation in the books. Obviously because the village was built on them, recent origin. Neither today's chroniclers, university professors and experts in the history of Belgrade can not explain how come the names of these hills. On the map of Belgrade from 1925. The authorities said that the Stojcino hill located midway of the Konjarnik Mali Mokri Lug. Its height is exactly 253 meters. By whom was this hill got its name remains to be clarified. As we shall explain the origin of the name of Eagle Hill. Its height is 266 meters. Did they used to curling up the hill eagles nest - is not known. At roughly the same geographical destination - Miri today's environment - there is curtovo hill. About where Curt word - not written. For Maleski hill that may be hope on the maps of the early twentieth century, there is also no data. It is located on a slope in fact Vracar higher, above the present junction "Mostar", across from Belgrade brewery. It contains several new buildings and hospitals. The plateau Monument of the Unknown Hero on Avala see Vodicka hill. Between Vince and the old man would stretch Ritopek Vasino-hill, at a height of 209 meters. About Stanovackom hill between the village and Višnjice Slanci no other information other than to mention a map from 1906. year. As there is no mention of any lisasta Lestane hill above the village, then the Lozovickom hill located near hurts at the height of 209 meters and moračke hill in front Umka those encountered when going from Belgrade. The Pasha hill has a lot of data, even of very accurate. Was named at the time of the first Serbian uprising, more precisely, after the assassination of Suleiman Pasha, Grand Vizier of Belgrade, in 1807. year. He is abandoning Belgrade with all his company, and anticipating intentions rebels wanted to weld mark. Instead of walking Constantinople, he went KRAGUJEVACKI another, and then by one stroke across the hills that were under rare anemone, you'll want to break out the path of Constantinople, but Karadordeva rebels followed him, and when he came to a fount and killed him and his entourage. Hill that has walked the pasture znavano Pašino hill, a source Pasha fountain. Later, Menka Veljkovic, writing about Duke Stepe suburb in "Contributions to the knowledge of the cities in our country," published in Belgrade 1931. The say that the building of settlements in the Duke Stepe Pasha hill start 1922nd year: "The houses are small and without floors of poor material made of mostly non-professionals without a plan. were erected in haste, certainly in the near time will give way to large buildings, where it is an integral part of the suburb of Belgrade. Residents workers, clerks , artisans and merchants. has a lot of grocery, food stalls and hlebarnica ... "This hill is otherwise, bordered KRAGUJEVACKI road, then Duke Street Gligora from the south and southwest, Čuburska stream from the north and northwest, the streets Vojislav Ilic and Grcica Milenko from the East". I Today some of these streets bear the same names. Pašino height of the hill, which is about twenty years after World War II was called Lekino hill is 151 feet. Erin precise data on the hill, 280 meters high, located above Grocke - no. As there are no facts about Golo Brdo, height 248 meters, which would stretch between Veliki Mokri Lug and Kumodraž. Neither Mountain, elevation 201 feet, not zavredilo attention of chroniclers. It is quite possible in size as it is assumed that the White hill at a height of 252 meters above Ritopek, exuded an adjustment. Above the village Sinovec and Citadels on the Danube enrolled in ancient maps Nika's hill. Its height, according to the SGA Belgrade, 257 meters. Detailed information was difficult to Niko Niko or - no. No information about either the yellow hill located south of the Great Mostanica at an altitude of 200 meters above sea level.